Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Grief, Why all the name changes?

I hate that people are still talking about the name changes so much. It is embarrassing to me. I wish so much I had thought of "Peachy Green" right from the start. Still...2 years later...I am getting restaurant marketing calls several times a week. Someone called me yesterday about credit card processing systems. I asked if they thought they were calling a restaurant, and they said yes, they had gotten the information from a business list book at a library!

I never put myself on these lists, of course. Several times over the Fishnoodles years, I had people contact me to say they loved the look of Fishnoodles diapers but the name was so gross to them (fish + poop + noodles) that they couldn't bring themselves to try one. (You know how fish poop looks like a little noodle? Honestly that never occurred to me, but once it was "out there" on the internet I knew I had to change the name).

So I tried to pick something positive and uplifting - Bright Star Baby. The Bright Starts corporation doesn't make diapers and the words are not the same, so we never expected they would come after us. I still think we might have won if it went to court, but who has money for all those legal fees? We settled by changing names - again - bleh! That whole deal was truly been one of the most stressful things to even happen to me.

I'm trying to just keep moving in a positive direction, and not quitting because I still believe in the products we make, I still think they are pretty darn awesome, and deserve a chance to get better known in the CD community. I absolutely love the Peachy Green name, and I just wish I could turn back the clock and start all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment