Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Is Peachy Green a WAHM business?

You betcha! Peachy Green is run by one woman, me!

My name is Dawn Bucholtz and I work from home. I plan the diaper print and color selections, gather all the materials needed, and hand them off to the seamstresses. Right now we have three people primarily doing the sewing. They work at at separate nearby location -- I have dedicated space in my home but not that much!

The seamstresses have a professional cutter slice the fabric into the necessary shapes and then they do all the sewing. Then diapers come back to me. I inspect and in some cases assemble, apply the hang tags, and do all the shipping and order fulfillment and customer service.

Did I mention that I do all this with a 5-year-old at my side? Oh yeah, I'm a WAHM for sure. I also have two school-age children with all their activities to wrangle. My husband is a teacher, so he's got students to mentor as well. It's never a dull moment around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment